An array of suggestions based on four whole days of experience!

Discussion about Endless Online.
Toth
EO Characters: Toth

An array of suggestions based on four whole days of experience!

Post by Toth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:03 am

The following text will include suggested changes varying from things I've deemed minor inconveniences, to downright annoyances, to decisions that make me question what in the world Vult's team was thinking. Please let me know with what you agree or disagree.

These changes are listed in order of how much I'd like to see them in-game.

Class restrictions
What is the point in forcing me to change my class to equip a bow if I can just equip it and then change back to my previous class as soon as I want? These restrictions are inconvenient at best, and yet have no impact on gameplay besides being obstructive to the player.

Either lock us in to classes when we have items equipped, or remove forced class restrictions entirely.

Citizenship
Allow us to set our citizenship at any town without first having to unsubscribe in our current home. The current system just wastes time for no discernible reason.

Carry capacity
Allow us to pick up weightless items even when we've already exceeded our maximum carrying capacity. I'd like to be able to loot gold without first dropping a potion, then looting the gold, then picking my potion back up; if I can already hold all of them, don't make me juggle my inventory.

Ancient Wraith
Please change the excruciating PK step in the Ancient Wraith quest. It's not fun, and it's not even challenging. It's paying someone to let you kill them 500 times. It's nothing more than a nuisance.

Here are some recommendations:
  • Kill Apozen Overlord. Challenging, if not a little excessive.
  • A second list of items. You could use this find a purpose for a lot of the useless items in game, such as vine tentacles and optica batwings.
  • Kill 5000 wraiths. After all the bosses you have bested, after all of the items he made you gather, he still refuses to let you in. Kill his already dead family, and everyone he has ever known. Repeatedly. Send him a message.
  • Pay a fee. In line with the aforementioned, the wraith still won't give you what you've earned. Bribe the used-tissue-lookin' son of a bitch.
  • Defeat him. Once you've reached this part of the quest, and finished the dialogue, have him change into an Ancient Wraith equally as difficult as those behind the door, and have him drop the key.
Boss scrolls
Warping oneself to the entrance of the boss room, these scrolls would only be obtaining from the boss itself. They'd have something like a 1-10% drop rate depending on the boss, and ideally in addition to the standard drop (though that would probably require a rewrite of the drops system and not be worth the time). They would also be lore, forcing you to at least make the trek to the boss at least once yourself.

They could exist for:
  • Bone Spider
  • Reaper
  • Octo
  • Apozen
  • Dragons?
  • Ancient Wraith?
TP Draining zones
Just remove TP draining zones, please. This type of effect is best reserved for an avoidable boss attack. Entire zones with these effects shut down 40% of the available classes. I don't know why anyone thought this was a good idea considering Priests and Magicians aren't exactly power houses, but I know it's not the fault of our current developers.

Mana potions
It's my opinion that these need to be buffed. They cost more than twice that of health potions, and their effect is barely noticeable.

Here are a few ideas, they're so bad that they probably need more than just one:
  • Reduce their cost.
  • Increase TP restoration to be on par with Health potion equivalents.
  • Make them weightless. If buffed to match HP, they'd still remain underpowered compared to HP potions as far as Priest spells are concerned, but it would still be very helpful. This is my least favourite of the three, as it could make balancing difficult going forward.
Magician spells
In general, these see only one use: pulling aggro. An entire branch of damage dealing attacks is used only to pull an enemy towards oneself for the sake of hitting it with something else. They're presently like a front-facing attack that takes a few seconds to hit.

Suggested changes:
  • Reduce the casting time on offensive spells.
  • Offensive spells always deal critical damage.
  • Ignore enemy defence. (May be hard to balance around for future content (haha))

This is all for now. I appreciate that you read this far, even if you disagree on all points. Thank you for your time.

I know that any thread akin to this one will be mostly met with blind eyes, but I can't be the only one who wants to see EO improved and built upon. If nothing else, I'd like to at least start a dialogue.

Kingofdemonz
EO Characters: Kingofdemonz, Kodz

Re: An array of suggestions based on four whole days of experience!

Post by Kingofdemonz » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 pm

All these suggestions sound pretty good. Too bad most of these will never be implemented on a legacy server xD You don't know who you're up against, these are people who won't even change the NPC dialogue to fix typos or grammatical errors. They intend to keep the server as-is, that's why it's called EO Clone and not [insert Endless Online sequel name here] There's a quest in noobland where you have to kill 3 snakes, but the NPC says 10. Reemus and I made fun of it on our stream. We even reported that along with a bunch of other mistakes in NPC dialogues to an admin but to no avail.

BUT, there might still be hope, some of the changes you suggested are quality-of-life changes, those can be implemented as they don't change the game but how we play the game. The admins have been pushing on to make changes like that, I believe Sordie said something like that they don't want to change the game but they want to change how the players play the game. It was one of the main reasons why they decided to change the NPC AI.

Anyways, I look forward to see what the rest of the community thinks about your suggestions, it might start a pretty interesting discussion.

~Kodz
ImageImage
I am the co-leader of GTN. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about EO that you can check out here.

Mouse
EO Characters: Pwqninetrex

Post by Mouse » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Theres plenty of private servers to try if youre into that thing
In the place before you're made they give you all these options;
Like have you got wings, do you have feelings, or can you breathe underwater?
He chose "lift 10x your weight" and "natural body armor."
On the day his mother gave he came out as an insect.

Toth
EO Characters: Toth

Post by Toth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:15 am

Kingofdemonz wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 pm
All these suggestions sound pretty good. Too bad most of these will never be implemented on a legacy server xD You don't know who you're up against, these are people who won't even change the NPC dialogue to fix typos or grammatical errors. They intend to keep the server as-is, that's why it's called EO Clone and not [insert Endless Online sequel name here]
~Kodz
There was a thread including suggestions several months ago, and Sausage made the following response in that thread:
Sausage wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 pm
Just posting to say that I love hearing suggestions and am not opposed to implementing anything that's a natural extension to EO. I was going to make a suggestions / ideas sub-forum even.

New graphics are a possibility in the case that I finish the err... "new client" as I guess I have to call it until I can think of a new name. Unfortunately people who are both good at and interested in making new wearable graphics are all gone, so unfortunately it's unlikely that capability will go to full use like the outfit additions servers like Endless Edge has. It would let me add small things that I need to implement stuff like the cooking quest though. :D
I know they're very hesitant, but he made it clear that he's at the very least open to hear us out.
Kingofdemonz wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 pm
Anyways, I look forward to see what the rest of the community thinks about your suggestions, it might start a pretty interesting discussion.
I hope so. I'm not optimistic about what I've posted here to get much attention from the developers, but I am hoping we can start a discussion.
Mouse wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:00 pm
Theres plenty of private servers to try if youre into that thing
Unfortunately all those with any merit have been long gone, or have been left unupdated for almost as long as the one we're playing. This is where the EO community is now.

Thanks for replying, Kodz and Mouse. I appreciate it.

Austincom

An array of suggestions based on four whole days of experience

Post by Austincom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 am

Hi,

Im trying to shuffle the numbers inside an array. But as there is no splice method, I dont find an efficient way to do that without having to call random a lot of times. How would you do that in ZGE?

Thanks

Sordie
Game Master
EO Characters: Sordie Wych

Re: An array of suggestions based on four whole days of experience

Post by Sordie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 am

Austincom wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 am
Hi,

Im trying to shuffle the numbers inside an array. But as there is no splice method, I dont find an efficient way to do that without having to call random a lot of times. How would you do that in ZGE?

Thanks
Please don't necro old topics with questions that have nothing to do with the OP.