Main clone, discontinued items??

Discussion about Endless Online.
MatiasMunk

Main clone, discontinued items??

Post by MatiasMunk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Hey, I was just looking around and I found this-
https://game.eoserv.net/dcitems

Why are so many simple items discontinued?
I understand that elder robes, guns, wings, some of the scrolls, perhaps also the rare items (turt, pand, cook,.), etc.
But why are many simple common items discontinued? I like some of those armors..

Kingofdemonz
EO Characters: Kingofdemonz, Kodz

Re: Main clone, discontinued items??

Post by Kingofdemonz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 pm

EO's economy took a big hit back when Arglon started going around logging in everyone's accs and taking their valuables. To help with stabilizing the economy, Sausage discontinued a lot of items that were rare or rarely used. It makes it so that a lot of the new rich kids could pay in-game gold to the oldbies to buy the d/c stuff. It's better than just letting the rich guys hoard their wealth.

I personally don't mind since most of those items don't give any significant stats and I don't like most of them. But I can see how some people might be annoyed by it if most of them were their fav items/armors. I guess now these d/c items just give new players something to work towards rather than just the usual stuff like Baru, Oron, Lens, Scav, Fires etc, which definitely isn't a bad thing.
ImageImage
I am the co-leader of GTN. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about EO that you can check out here.

Blingqueen

Post by Blingqueen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:19 am

MatiasMunk wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm
Hey, I was just looking around and I found this-
https://game.eoserv.net/dcitems

Why are so many simple items discontinued?
I understand that elder robes, guns, wings, some of the scrolls, perhaps also the rare items (turt, pand, cook,.), etc.
But why are many simple common items discontinued? I like some of those armors..
I hear ya, it took me like 6 months JUST to get a female redplate.

Darkplug
EO Characters: Darkplug, Lightplug, Louisa, Game

Post by Darkplug » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Blingqueen wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:19 am
it took me like 6 months JUST to get a female redplate.
Took me about 60 minutes to get a female redplate, you would have had one so much quicker had I not wanted that ugly ugly armour :(
ImageImageImageImage

Blingqueen

Post by Blingqueen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:12 am

No worries! It only made getting it that much more memorable! :D ;)

Nahua
EO Characters: Nahua
Cassis
Varian
Winddancermw

Post by Nahua » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:30 am

Kingofdemonz wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 pm
EO's economy took a big hit back when Arglon started going around logging in everyone's accs and taking their valuables. To help with stabilizing the economy, Sausage discontinued a lot of items that were rare or rarely used. It makes it so that a lot of the new rich kids could pay in-game gold to the oldbies to buy the d/c stuff. It's better than just letting the rich guys hoard their wealth.

I personally don't mind since most of those items don't give any significant stats and I don't like most of them. But I can see how some people might be annoyed by it if most of them were their fav items/armors. I guess now these d/c items just give new players something to work towards rather than just the usual stuff like Baru, Oron, Lens, Scav, Fires etc, which definitely isn't a bad thing.
It doesn't really give someone something to work for. Save up mils to buy an item that many of us remember could be gained for 7-9k? No, that's not making someone's day. That's not making them have something to work for. Crafting Baru, crafting oron... that is something to work for. However, making simple items that should be easily obtainable become so out of reach that the only way anyone will actually get one is to either buy mils, save forever, or get beyond lucky to be gifted it, is beyond ignorant. Discontinuing wings/admin items is fine, but items that provide no real bonus? No. It's an attempt to throw some item out in an event, whilst putting in the least effort, to make the items seem more desirable. Newer players may fall for it, but older players won't. Hopefully, they won't, or they're part of the issue, too.

Kingofdemonz
EO Characters: Kingofdemonz, Kodz

Post by Kingofdemonz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Nahua wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:30 am
Kingofdemonz wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 pm

It doesn't really give someone something to work for. Save up mils to buy an item that many of us remember could be gained for 7-9k? No, that's not making someone's day. That's not making them have something to work for. Crafting Baru, crafting oron... that is something to work for. However, making simple items that should be easily obtainable become so out of reach that the only way anyone will actually get one is to either buy mils, save forever, or get beyond lucky to be gifted it, is beyond ignorant. Discontinuing wings/admin items is fine, but items that provide no real bonus? No. It's an attempt to throw some item out in an event, whilst putting in the least effort, to make the items seem more desirable. Newer players may fall for it, but older players won't. Hopefully, they won't, or they're part of the issue, too.
First of all, thank you for sharing your opinion, and I agree with most of it however this is what I think:

It does indeed give some people something to work for because, idk if you've noticed it but I certainly have that new players often get an Oron/Orona on their first few days or their first week of playing along with most of the other end-game gear. The only thing that takes any real effort is Baru/Baruta, which takes 40 days to craft, but they've become so common at this point that people are just trying to get rid of them for 350k-400k, which by the way if you do the math and add up all the ingredients required for it costs roughly 800k or more depending if you have bad luck with the dailies. Oh and we're discounting any extra gold for all the effort that was put into crafting it, which, again, takes 40 days. Pretty much every other non-d/c item is pretty cheap. "WAIT, 400k ISN'T CHEAP" It is if you know how to grind up gold. I mean, dude, there are people walking into the game, paying only $15 for a million gold. AND with that 1 million, they buy all the best training gear +more and then they either quit or afk in Aeven. BUT thanks to those d/c items, some of those people can now waste even more time or even more cash trying to collect d/c items.

How it usually goes is, ''oh, I now have every single thing I want in this game. guess I'll quit'' but now it's ''oh wow that one item I want is pretty hard to come by, guess I'll stick around and grind for a bit to see if I can get that item.'' Trust me on this, I have met a lot of people on EO, A LOT, that have complained about not being able to get their dream item which is d/c. But they also stick around and grind, and really work for those items and once they've finally earned it they feel satisfied and accomplished.

Yes I agree with the fact that old players aren't okay with this, most oldbies can't achieve that kind of satisfaction or don't have enough time irl to work for those d/c items they've loved for so long. But these d/c items are what's keeping the new players stuck to the game for just a little bit longer. Which imo, helps a lot, because EO needs more people playing it and also more publicity. Which should come naturally if more people start playing it again. So I guess in the end it can be seen both as a positive thing and a negative thing, but I think overall, it's having a positive impact. That's just my opinion though.
ImageImage
I am the co-leader of GTN. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about EO that you can check out here.

Darkplug
EO Characters: Darkplug, Lightplug, Louisa, Game

Post by Darkplug » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Nahua wrote:
It doesn't really give someone something to work for. Save up mils to buy an item that many of us remember could be gained for 7-9k? No, that's not making someone's day.
Personally I disagree with this. It's not so different from some of the old stuff in eo way back in the day.
People collected blue stars, orc skulls, train tickers, dark blades etc. all of which didn't really do anything or have good stats (Even after stats were introduced)
Nahua wrote:
No. It's an attempt to throw some item out in an event, whilst putting in the least effort, to make the items seem more desirable.
Dark blades were even an event item that the price went real high on, only to be dropped in to the game and lose all of their appeal.
Nahua wrote:
Newer players may fall for it, but older players won't. Hopefully, they won't, or they're part of the issue, too.
You say they won't but if back in the day the grinded out all the time to save 1m for a dark blade, why wouldn't they do the same for some of the d/c stuff now?

It may not match your opinion, however I don't understand how that makes it ignorant. It's simply a differing opinion and it provides some challenge in to obtaining things when you've already crafted your oron and spent 40 days grinding out a baru/ta
ImageImageImageImage

Nahua
EO Characters: Nahua
Cassis
Varian
Winddancermw

Post by Nahua » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:15 am

It actually doesn't keep new players around, or even old players. The only ones even trying are the real die-hards. I've seen numerous people come back, only to find this out and walk away near-instantly. To "keep players here" they d/c them? That's not actually useful, or really worthwhile at all. Instead of actually working to make the game something that people want to play, they use items to try and keep people here?

And I respect your opinions, and accept the fact that they are different. These are just my opinions, and in no way should be taken as more than that.

*After re-reading, perhaps "ignorant" is not the word I was actually looking for there. Not sure what word I seek... Unwise, perhaps, would be the closest.

**The biggest issue with d/c items is that it doesn't really add any value to the game itself. There's no real.. what do you call it? Playability? Once you have those "hard to get" items, that's it. You're done. Maybe, yes, it takes you a few months, but after that... then what? Max level? Is that a plausible goal? You can buy a high-level account, or train? (I train, personally won't spend a dime on this - spend enough on Steam and XBL.) - This is an attempt to understand the goals you have, to work on my view. I have a goal (I suppose) of getting a Tennu and hitting max level, but that's my mindset. ****My opinion has been colored by friends who play, and left.***

Madmat
EO Characters: Chrollo

Post by Madmat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:16 am

Endless Online was so much better when costumes, dark blades, kitty hula were considered extremely rare. Hard to get items like Knob and Fladdat had value because when Apozen first came out with Hell Guardians it was actually harder to kill. It's like a trophy item. Also an ingredient for Lens which is the best balanced wep in game. More players and competitors creates more demand and Clone doesn't have demand what so ever.

Skyline
EO Characters: Skyline

Post by Skyline » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 am

Madmat wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:16 am
Endless Online was so much better when costumes, dark blades, kitty hula were considered extremely rare. Hard to get items like Knob and Fladdat had value because when Apozen first came out with Hell Guardians it was actually harder to kill. It's like a trophy item. Also an ingredient for Lens which is the best balanced wep in game. More players and competitors creates more demand and Clone doesn't have demand what so ever.
agreed 100% it's a shame that everyone has literally everything now. Even cook/baru are hard to sell nowdays but back in the day people would trade their souls for them.
Just your average kiwi mate

Zilar
EO Characters: Zilwtf / Kurwa

Post by Zilar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:44 am

Skyline wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 am
Madmat wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:16 am
agreed 100% it's a shame that everyone has literally everything now. Even cook/baru are hard to sell nowdays but back in the day people would trade their souls for them.
True, you can't sell anything last days... not even gonna say how hard it is to buy 1m from someone via paypal..
Economy is just fucked up, in brief. :x
People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege. ;)
Image :D

Skyline

Post by Skyline » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:15 am

Having the economy so broken causes 3/4 of the players to quit, you can't even merch in EO and grinding for high levels? now thats just a joke, I vote wipe and reset the entire server!

Cillar
EO Characters: Cillar

Post by Cillar » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm

I'd agree with a wipe, but I feel like that would only be a temporary solution. The same exact situation will happen again in a few months time of people no-life-ing it. That and honestly with how much stuff is roaming around and how much real money people invested at this point, a decent percentage will probably outright quit (and by sheer science will return in the sometime future).

If a wipe occurred, some changes would need to be made. I honestly disagree with discontinuing items that hold no value or reason, all it does is take away content from the game, and truthfully the entire purpose of this game is to be a highly customize-able chat room with some stuff to do, so taking away random items without any rhyme or reason conflicts what the games main goal is supposed to be achieving.

It would be nothing short of a miracle to see this game ever get a revival, or new players, or any kind of resurgence. It's outdated, unattended, and just lives in the corner of the internet guarded by a small loyal fan-base holding onto the few strings holding this game together. I love EO, but it belonged back in a time where chat rooms were 75% of the internet xD
(Sorry if this seemed pessimistic, i wish the best for EO, it just don't think it has any future in a state like this).
Mapper, Quest Writer, and previous private server owner - Cillar/Giggles
"Music transcends all language" =]

Currently a guitarist for the band Our DNA, check us out on Facebook @ThisIsOurDna or our Bandcamp http://ourdna.bandcamp.com

Madmat
EO Characters: Chrollo

Post by Madmat » Wed May 02, 2018 1:35 pm

If they wipe, only dedicated players would continue to play. Personally I wouldn't commit my time to grind for a game that I've already grinded on. Especially with little to no potential of growth. Clone was great for a couple years. Purely off nostalgia. It diminishes and nothing is exciting.

Skyline

Post by Skyline » Thu May 03, 2018 10:36 am

Madmat wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:35 pm
If they wipe, only dedicated players would continue to play. Personally I wouldn't commit my time to grind for a game that I've already grinded on. Especially with little to no potential of growth. Clone was great for a couple years. Purely off nostalgia. It diminishes and nothing is exciting.
yah true thats a solid point, its a pity the numbers have dropped dramatically recently.

Arglon
EO Characters: Arglon

Post by Arglon » Tue May 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Pretty sure those items were d/ced long before I Showed up :O And it doesn't really help the economy to d/c random items :( A simple Solution would be to have those d/ced items drop off much harder bosses in order to have them obtainable other than paypal or trading..He could easily just Slap in a Apozen 2.0 or Anundo Leader 2.0 add some random items to that and people would go nuts and have some sense of purpose

Sausage
Game Master
EO Characters: Sausage

Post by Sausage » Thu May 24, 2018 3:37 pm

The reason was that they were going to be re-statted and re-introduced outside of the shops, so they were taken out of shops early to prevent them being easily hoarded before-hand. Never got around to doing any of that, though.

Cillar
EO Characters: Cillar

Post by Cillar » Thu May 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks for the answer to that, it's nice to know there was an actual reason for it. =]
Mapper, Quest Writer, and previous private server owner - Cillar/Giggles
"Music transcends all language" =]

Currently a guitarist for the band Our DNA, check us out on Facebook @ThisIsOurDna or our Bandcamp http://ourdna.bandcamp.com

Ellendof

Hello

Post by Ellendof » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Hello, thanks!