These changes are listed in order of how much I'd like to see them in-game.
What is the point in forcing me to change my class to equip a bow if I can just equip it and then change back to my previous class as soon as I want? These restrictions are inconvenient at best, and yet have no impact on gameplay besides being obstructive to the player.
Either lock us in to classes when we have items equipped, or remove forced class restrictions entirely.
Allow us to set our citizenship at any town without first having to unsubscribe in our current home. The current system just wastes time for no discernible reason.
Allow us to pick up weightless items even when we've already exceeded our maximum carrying capacity. I'd like to be able to loot gold without first dropping a potion, then looting the gold, then picking my potion back up; if I can already hold all of them, don't make me juggle my inventory.
Please change the excruciating PK step in the Ancient Wraith quest. It's not fun, and it's not even challenging. It's paying someone to let you kill them 500 times. It's nothing more than a nuisance.
Here are some recommendations:
- Kill Apozen Overlord. Challenging, if not a little excessive.
- A second list of items. You could use this find a purpose for a lot of the useless items in game, such as vine tentacles and optica batwings.
- Kill 5000 wraiths. After all the bosses you have bested, after all of the items he made you gather, he still refuses to let you in. Kill his already dead family, and everyone he has ever known. Repeatedly. Send him a message.
- Pay a fee. In line with the aforementioned, the wraith still won't give you what you've earned. Bribe the used-tissue-lookin' son of a bitch.
- Defeat him. Once you've reached this part of the quest, and finished the dialogue, have him change into an Ancient Wraith equally as difficult as those behind the door, and have him drop the key.
Warping oneself to the entrance of the boss room, these scrolls would only be obtaining from the boss itself. They'd have something like a 1-10% drop rate depending on the boss, and ideally in addition to the standard drop (though that would probably require a rewrite of the drops system and not be worth the time). They would also be lore, forcing you to at least make the trek to the boss at least once yourself.
They could exist for:
- Bone Spider
- Ancient Wraith?
Just remove TP draining zones, please. This type of effect is best reserved for an avoidable boss attack. Entire zones with these effects shut down 40% of the available classes. I don't know why anyone thought this was a good idea considering Priests and Magicians aren't exactly power houses, but I know it's not the fault of our current developers.
It's my opinion that these need to be buffed. They cost more than twice that of health potions, and their effect is barely noticeable.
Here are a few ideas, they're so bad that they probably need more than just one:
- Reduce their cost.
- Increase TP restoration to be on par with Health potion equivalents.
- Make them weightless. If buffed to match HP, they'd still remain underpowered compared to HP potions as far as Priest spells are concerned, but it would still be very helpful. This is my least favourite of the three, as it could make balancing difficult going forward.
In general, these see only one use: pulling aggro. An entire branch of damage dealing attacks is used only to pull an enemy towards oneself for the sake of hitting it with something else. They're presently like a front-facing attack that takes a few seconds to hit.
- Reduce the casting time on offensive spells.
- Offensive spells always deal critical damage.
- Ignore enemy defence. (May be hard to balance around for future content (haha))
This is all for now. I appreciate that you read this far, even if you disagree on all points. Thank you for your time.
I know that any thread akin to this one will be mostly met with blind eyes, but I can't be the only one who wants to see EO improved and built upon. If nothing else, I'd like to at least start a dialogue.