The fall of the community

Post Reply
Knight
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 am
EO Characters: DeathFreak, Knight, Panda

The fall of the community

Post by Knight » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 am

It still blows my mind that I still come back to this game almost 14 years later. I think Vult had something great once upon a time. And I'm not actually talking about the game as much, but the community. I've never seen such a tightly knit and dedicated fan base to a game before. It kind of makes me sad to think we lost the original eo forums due to a lack of basic moderation and asshats being asshats. I feel it extremely segmented the community with so many offshoots in different directions such as Raku, Treos, Eoserv. I always thought Endless would keep improving or at least become something better than a ctrl bashing grind fest. But Vult knew how to program, not how to moderate or design. Still Endless had some of the most talented and creative people I've ever met involved in the community. And I had far more fun roleplaying and participating in events and chatting than I ever did actually playing the game. I think it's that nostalgia for that community that keeps bringing me back. Curious how a lot of you guys are doing. If you've been around awhile would love to catch up with a lot of you. Shoot me a message!

Boost
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 am
EO Characters: Bape

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Boost » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I always appreciated you guide on the original forums when I first started out! I was Syndacite back then.
Image

User avatar
blo
Game Master
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: The fall of the community

Post by blo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:10 am

Vult-r's programming skills sucked but he was stubborn and persistent (on the contrary it's something we lack). Anyway fallen communities don't waste their time on maintaining a 14 years old game. It could be worse.

User avatar
Actavis
Forum Moderator
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 am
Location: New York Bity

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Actavis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:33 pm

what's up DF good to see you're still around. how have you been?
Image

Sanguinex
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 pm
EO Characters: Sanguinex
Contact:

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Sanguinex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Boost wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 pm
I always appreciated you guide on the original forums when I first started out! I was Syndacite back then.
Hey I remember you!

Knight
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 am
EO Characters: DeathFreak, Knight, Panda

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Knight » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 am

Boost wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 pm
I always appreciated you guide on the original forums when I first started out! I was Syndacite back then.
Thanks I believe I recall your name from the EOForums, if I remember you were really active in account trading? Could be wrong.
blo wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:10 am
Vult-r's programming skills sucked but he was stubborn and persistent (on the contrary it's something we lack). Anyway fallen communities don't waste their time on maintaining a 14 years old game. It could be worse.
I mean it wasn't the greatest, but back in the day when Endless was a priority, we would get new versions or updates every couple months. However the way he threw things together and made editions on impulse rather than testing. Also after he got burned a couple times by community members contributing to get Game Master status he simply refused to use the community as a resource. There was a guy that was brought on board for music and it was revealed that he just stole a ton of tracks from RPG Maker so for a couple versions Endless had a bunch of stolen tracks in the builds. I think it stemmed from the fact that he gave Developers moderation privileges rather than simply just making them developers. I don't ever really remember any Developers besides Vysmo actually being decent moderators. And originally Endless was much more centered around community events, interactions & roleplaying. Honestly one jumps out to be as EO's turning point gameplay wise was when item stats & detailed classes were added. Every version after that lead to players wearing one or two of the new outfits with the best stats.
Actavis wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:33 pm
what's up DF good to see you're still around. how have you been?
Not bad, I finally got a really decent job as an IT Director at a rising company with 10 entities. Leaving retail completely behind is a really great feeling, it's nice to go to work every day and actually enjoy your job. How about yourself?
Sanguinex wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm
Hey I remember you!
How've you been Sang? What kind of music are you listening to nowadays?

Boost
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 am
EO Characters: Bape

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Boost » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Sanguinex wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm
Boost wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 pm
I always appreciated you guide on the original forums when I first started out! I was Syndacite back then.
Hey I remember you!
I remember you too! Your chibis were amazing haha
Image

Boost
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 am
EO Characters: Bape

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Boost » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Knight wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 am
Boost wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 pm
I always appreciated you guide on the original forums when I first started out! I was Syndacite back then.
Thanks I believe I recall your name from the EOForums, if I remember you were really active in account trading? Could be wrong.
Yea I was!
Image

Sanguinex
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 pm
EO Characters: Sanguinex
Contact:

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Sanguinex » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Boost wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:09 pm
Sanguinex wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm
Boost wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:19 pm
I always appreciated you guide on the original forums when I first started out! I was Syndacite back then.
Hey I remember you!
I remember you too! Your chibis were amazing haha
Thanks haha!

User avatar
Kate
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:02 pm
EO Characters: Purify, Askme and Rosette.
Contact:

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Kate » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:04 am

Hi Dennis!

Sanguinex
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 pm
EO Characters: Sanguinex
Contact:

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Sanguinex » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi k8!

Shinjetsu
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:12 pm
EO Characters: Shinjetsu

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Shinjetsu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 pm

I remember most of you

User avatar
Blingqueen
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Washington State
EO Characters: Blingqueen
Contact:

Re: The fall of the community

Post by Blingqueen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 am

Oldbie party? I like where this is going...:D
Want to WATCH eo? Just visit my YoutTube, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDFKID ... G3Pe-d9gLA, purely dedicated to EO drawings and stuff! :D

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest