How to fix problems with getting EO to run properly(and other cool stuff)

Discussion about Endless Online.
Kingofdemonz
EO Characters: Kingofdemonz, Kodz

How to fix problems with getting EO to run properly(and other cool stuff)

Post by Kingofdemonz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:50 am

There are already a bunch of guides available for people to follow and fix their problems. The ones I recommend checking out are on Stubs' blog.

Windows 7/Vista/XP fix
Windows 10 fix

But I'm here to provide an alternative and easy solution. Most EO players already know about Sordie's EO addons, but those who are getting back into the game after some time probably have never heard of it. It's basically a few addons for your EO client to make it run better or do other cool stuff.

I made a video of it on my channel where I walk you guys through how to get everything set up and working here.

But I'll be writing a bit more in-depth guide.

Step 1: Download the addon pack from Sordie's website here. (This includes the Windows 10 fix) OR Download the entire EO client with the addons already included here and then skip to Step 3.
EDIT: Since Sordie's website has been down since May 11, 2017. You will have to download the addons from my Google Drive. NOTE: All of the addons are not on there, only the ones that I had with me. I am sorry but if you wanted an addon that isn't included in my files but you cannot get it anymore.

Step 2: Extract the addons from the .zip file into the folder where you installed or extracted EO.

Step 3: Before you start the client, make sure to go into the addons folder and delete EOFastAccounts.eaf because it'll give you problems when trying to create a new account.

NOTE: If you are on Windows 8 or below, then you need to delete EOEGFDataOnly.eaf and EOSoftwareRender.eaf.

One more thing, be sure to set up your EOnotify. It's a handy little addon which plays a notification sound every time someone mentions your name. You can set it up by going to the config folder and then opening EOnotify.ini. There you can change the sound effects and also enter your alias. If you have another name which people call you by in-game then write it below [alias]. You can have multiple aliases. Example: If your in-game name is Muffinman and people call you Muffin, then you should put your alias in as Muffin.

Now you're good to go. You should check out all the addons and pick the ones you think will be useful. One addon that I'd recommend is EOHints.

Misc. download links:
EO Addons with only Win10 fix
EO Addons with only Multiclient
A fresh copy of Endless Online with nothing included

I hope this guide helped you guys. If there's anything you guys think I missed then let me know.

~ Kodz
Last edited by Kingofdemonz on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
I am the co-leader of GTN. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about EO that you can check out here.

Kingofdemonz

Re: How to fix problems with getting EO to run properly(and other cool stuff)

Post by Kingofdemonz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Just gonna bump this cuz people seem to miss the topic since it's down so low..
ImageImage
I am the co-leader of GTN. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about EO that you can check out here.

Kingofdemonz

Post by Kingofdemonz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm

BUMP! Since Sordie's website went down you can't get the addons anymore but I put up a link to my Google Drive where you can get 'em. I edited the post, read there for more info and for the link. I have a hunch Sordie's website might be back again since I updated this thread... But hey! Atleast I get to bump it back up, hehe...
ImageImage

Dale
EO Characters: Dalexd
Cannabis

Post by Dale » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:43 am

No