Get rid of level requirements

Discussion about Endless Online.
Biogram00

Get rid of level requirements

Post by Biogram00 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Make eo like how it used to be . You ever think that's why people quit is because you changed too much also . Make the discontinued items like before you shouldn't be able to craft baru also wiseman should be walking around aeven

Cillar
EO Characters: Cillar

Re: Get rid of level requirements

Post by Cillar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:07 pm

EO will never be like "how it used to be". It is dead and only lived on by players who miss it.

I don't enjoy this fact either.
Mapper, Quest Writer, and previous private server owner - Cillar/Giggles
"Music transcends all language" =]

Currently a guitarist for the band Our DNA, check us out on Facebook @ThisIsOurDna or our Bandcamp http://ourdna.bandcamp.com

Biogram00

Post by Biogram00 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Cillar wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:07 pm
EO will never be like "how it used to be". It is dead and only lived on by players who miss it.

I don't enjoy this fact either.
Yeah the people playing that are playing don't want it like that though so change it. How hard can it be for sausage to go back to the original v28 eo he probably has copies . Atleast we can enjoy it I don't wanna make a new character and not be able to get around it never even used to be a bout leveling at all so it turns all the oldies away.

Cillar

Post by Cillar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 pm

.. Frankly, I don't see what you're talking about. Half the people that populate the clone server are very aware of the fact that they're constantly throwing real money at each other, and the other half are in no shape to really do anything about it. The people in charge have no desire to fix any issues and will regularly dismiss any talk of doing so, or laugh at you.

Even through all that though, I give clone some credit. I love the changes they brought. I question some of the DC choices, but between the quests added, being able to craft baru in a very difficult way to keep its rarity plus giving it stats, and giving the area to the northeast of Aeven a reason for existing, I think these changes are honestly very welcome, especially to new players/characters in the early levels.

Currently a guitarist for the band Our DNA, check us out on Facebook @ThisIsOurDna or our Bandcamp http://ourdna.bandcamp.com

Sausage
Game Master
EO Characters: Sausage

Post by Sausage » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 am

The baru quest was copied as it was from EO, like-wise for the Wise man being moved to the temple. The baru quest was re-written, but only because it got removed from the main game due an unintentional rollback of the game data. I believe the random item aspect of it was added by me, and was a good change.

Reverting changes that were made to the game by Vult for nostalgia's sake is something that could take us all the way back to 2003 if you took it to the extreme. You might want "the original v28" and others will want "the original v15".

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about with level requirements. I'm pretty sure that I've only removed level requirements. There's no level requirements to enter maps or use scrolls which were added post-v28, and I don't think there's any gear with level requirements. If you want me to change more things, then perhaps the supposed problem isn't that I "changed too much".

Cillar

Post by Cillar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Wasn't expecting to see a reply from sausage, that's quite refreshing =]

Honestly, clone is just fine, the special one over here who's English is as accurate as i remember anything from my old history classes sounds like the very same people that used to write to Nintendo about what to change in Pokemon; very unintelligent about the subject and do not understand exactly what they're talking about.

Clone itself is great, it's just inhabited by plenty of people willing to throw real money around because paypal is a thing.
I think for the most part what people really want is new content, but in the end it wouldn't be new content made by the original developers, so it would just turn into another private server at that point.

I never knew the baru quest was from original EO, that's interesting, my mind might be slipping from how much i remember about the original EO. If that's the case, I'm not sure if the other quests (like the fox furs and snake teeth) we're added by you guys or not, but if so they're great and I'm a glad they're a part of clone.

Sausage
Game Master
EO Characters: Sausage

Post by Sausage » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm

A lot of changes happened during the last re-opening of Endless Online that people didn't like. I took out the most obnoxious ones.

The other daily quests added to Aeven were also Vult's doing.

Its easy to understand how you could have missed the addition of the baru quest since it ended up getting rolled back. There's screenshots and I believe maybe even video evidence of it being added to the game, though. The quest was actually copied from the EO server itself: http://ix.io/1py1 -- I did not write this. The building in Aeven was re-created from screenshots, or a backup of the map file someone had.

https://game.eoserv.net/patch_notes details the changes that have been made to the game. The only controversial things I can think of would be the items removed from shops, and the changes to item crafting.

Cillar

Post by Cillar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Either way, the fact that you added it back was a great decision, especially in a manner that's leagues difficult than most of the other quests in the game (other than truth.. damn that quest).

What I'm understanding is that clone is essentially the best of the games features over time, especially the ones closest to v28.

Well, between people just wanting to be mad and others that just yearn for the older days and a chance at v29, there's bound to be complainers haha. I think clone is a really nice experience compared to the original. Leveling up doesn't take AS long but still pretty long, and playing casually over the course of a few weeks i was able to make my way up the levels, get Ultima after a lot of dedication to the penguins, and talk to some players and occasionally get help without asking for it. Fun times, even though my account was hacked i can't knock the game and I'll probably make another character anyway, thanks for keeping it up. =]