Update Suggestions

Discussion about Endless Online.
Rahzek
EO Characters: Rahzek, Wrath, Illyasviel, Hentai, Wizkiid, Oniichan, Oneechan, Maudpie, Izumi, Ryouma, Yaoi, Kasumi, Ryuuji, Stepsister, Demise, Erina, Rudy, Celebi, Dratini, Marill, Moltres, Articuno, Bellossom

Update Suggestions

Post by Rahzek » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 pm

This thread is entirely suggestive and while many people may agree or disagree with any of the possible ideas thrown its way we should all keep in mind that potentially none of them will ever find their way to implementation within our server. Don't let that stop you from dreaming though; feel free to bring up any issues you've run into, possible bugs, quest ideas, or game play improvements while keeping limitations in check. You're probably wondering what I mean by limitations, by that I mean I don't want to see people constantly begging for new armors or weapons as Endless Online already has a substantial amount for us to choose from but with very little done about expanding upon them. We also shouldn't be updated on any map errors as far as where a wall is missing a block or perhaps a plant that people can walk on, these issues should not be brought up unless for some reason you enter this wall and can never get out (assuming no one placed you there purposely).

Try to keep in mind that even though you or the majority of players know about an issue it may not have been brought to the admin's attention, and if they're aware of the issue and it hasn't been resolved it probably isn't too great of a threat depending on player behavior. An example of this would be the kill protection bug in which if you drop an item on the ground and a nearby player kills an NPC; there is a chance the item you've dropped will be locked under their kill protection for the full duration of a drop that wasn't rightfully yours. This thread is not the place to bring up items you've lost as a result of this bug but for awareness to spread about it, so that people won't run the risk of losing them when dropped in the first place.

While we all play Endless Online for different reasons I'm sure there's a number of us with different views on how we would like things to change, if at all, but please try to be courteous and don't bash other players for their suggestions as this would discourage other people from sharing their ideas.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rahzek
EO Characters: Rahzek, Wrath, Illyasviel, Hentai, Wizkiid, Oniichan, Oneechan, Maudpie, Izumi, Ryouma, Yaoi, Kasumi, Ryuuji, Stepsister, Demise, Erina, Rudy, Celebi, Dratini, Marill, Moltres, Articuno, Bellossom

Re: Update Suggestions

Post by Rahzek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Many players active in early 2016 were aware of the supposed “Crystal Update” which was being worked on, however for those of you that don’t know about it, I’ll give you a quick rundown. Basically the crystals were going to be implemented as a drop from their zone specific NPCs and provide a buff while killing NPCs that correlate to the type of crystal you’re wearing, Sausage had intended for these buffs to be % based unless that was changed since it was last brought up; and while I think it was a fine idea that kind of takes away from the aesthetics of people wearing their favorite type of crystal for all occasions. I also just don’t think Endless Online is simply a smart enough game to be doing anything with % increases rather than flat rates and so I’d like to provide an alternative crystal update.

I think the crystals dropping from their correlating NPCs was a good idea and should be the basis for this suggestion, basically the monster drop crystals still provide no stats but can be brought to a starting quest NPC, I’ll use a Forest Crystal as my example and run through the full questline and where he would be found.

-Player kills a Nut Viper and receives a Forest Crystal. (1/5000 drop rate)
-Inside the Lost Woods is an NPC (preferably a Geggime) that starts the questline for that specific crystal upgrade.
-He asks you to bring him a Forest Crystal and 200 Geggime Fur, upon completion you would have your Forest Crystal exchanged for the Rank 1 Forest Crystal which is now lore, provides 1-1 damage, 1 defense, 5 TP, and 2 accuracy.
-He’ll then have a follow up quest to collect 200 Needles to exchange your Rank 1 Forest Crystal with the Rank 2 Forest Crystal which provides 2-2 damage, 2 defense, 10 TP, and 4 accuracy (adding the baseline stats after each completion)

The sequential quests will be as follows:
-Forest Crystal + 200 Geggime Fur = Rank 1 Forest Crystal (lore, 1-1 Damage, 1 Defense, 5 TP, 2 Accuracy)
-Rank 1 Forest Crystal + 200 Needles = Rank 2 Forest Crystal (lore, 2-2 Damage, 2 Defense, 10 TP, 4 Accuracy)
-Rank 2 Forest Crystal + 200 Flowies = Rank 3 Forest Crystal (lore, 3-3 Damage, 3 Defense, 15 TP, 6 Accuracy)
-Rank 3 Forest Crystal + 200 Leaves (Carnivo Drop) = Rank 4 Forest Crystal (lore, 4-4 Damage, 4 Defense, 20 TP, 8 Accuracy,
-Rank 4 Forest Crystal + 200 Mushrooms = Rank 5 Forest Crystal (lore, 5-5 Damage, 5 Defense, 25 TP, 10 Accuracy)
-Rank 5 Forest Crystal + 200 Viper Eyes = Rank 6 Forest Crystal (lore, 6-6 Damage, 6 Defense, 30 TP, 12 Accuracy)
-Rank 6 Forest Crystal + 200 Vine Tentacles = Rank 7 Forest Crystal (lore, 7-7 Damage, 7 Defense, 35 TP, 14 Accuracy)
-Rank 7 Forest Crystal + 100 Gnome Dolls = Rank 8 Forest Crystal (lore, 8-8 Damage, 8 Defense, 40 TP, 16 Accuracy)
-Rank 8 Forest Crystal + 50 Dragon Wings and 50 Dragon Claws = Rank 9 Forest Crystal (lore, 9-9 Damage, 9 Defense, 45 TP, 18 Accuracy)
-Rank 9 Forest Crystal + 1 Festive Crystal = Rank 10 Forest Crystal (lore, 10-10 Damage, 10 Defense, 50 TP, 20 Accuracy)

Each crystal would have its own variety of collection quests and obviously some of them would collect the same item at some point being that there just aren’t enough drops to have a unique collection for each one but I think this would be a relatively simple way to bring relevance to all of the NPCs that would otherwise be ignored or the useless drops to find some sort of value.

I would also like to add in a little bonus for the people that would like to take this a step further and bring in the Crystal Key craft, which combines all 9 of the Rank 10 Crystals into the Crystal Key, the key would be worn in the Misc Slot and give 25-25 damage, 25 defense, 100 TP, and 50 Accuracy, while of course being lore. I would like to make the Wraith Key a part of the Crystal Key craft while allowing it to have the same function to open the Ancient Wraith door when equipped.

I’m aware this suggestion requires the creation of 90 new item IDs for the crystal ranks; however I think it would be the simplest way to give people a more rewarding goal to get them back out into the world.
Last edited by Rahzek on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DontTouchEt
EO Characters: Marvin

Post by DontTouchEt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:11 am

Rahzek wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm
Many players active in early 2016 were aware of the supposed “Crystal Update” which was being worked on
I could've sworn I read in some forum awhile back that this client would not have updates but there is another client being worked on.
Have you heard anything on that?
"There's no meaningful difference between a real and a virtual world.
It's pointless to ask anyone who they really are.
All you can do is accept and believe in them, because whoever they are in your mind, is their true identity."
-SAO

Toth
EO Characters: Toth

Post by Toth » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 am

I'd like to see some major changes to classes. Passive skills have been on our AI for nearly a decade, with nothing at all in it. I'd love to see class-based passives, perhaps locking in our class permanently in order to get the passive?

Some examples could be:
Priest: Regeneration - TP regenerates twice as fast when at full health.
Magician: Arcane force - Cast times are reduced by half.
Rogue: Guardian - Damage dealt by the rogue is seen as much more threatening, causing enemies struck to be more likely to target the rogue.

For the most part, classes feel all too similar, and that's a bad thing. I want to see some variety, which offer some exciting new 'strategies' to EO combat, as simple as it is.

Cheque
EO Characters: Cheque

Post by Cheque » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 am

i don't think it's possible in our current client to make 90 new item id's. which is why we discontinue items to make new ones.
Image Image Sadboys☹

Mouse
EO Characters: Pwqninetrex

Post by Mouse » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:36 pm

@cheque you can have pretty much as many items as you want, you just cant add in new graphics. So if you were to use the same crystal gfx with a different name it'd be entirely possible.

I believe the only limit is on ranged weapons. Shame one of the slots is wasted on an admin only item. Imo the gun should either be added in somehow or replaced with another ranged weapon, preferably an upgrade from Scav because scavs are actually shit tier.
In the place before you're made they give you all these options;
Like have you got wings, do you have feelings, or can you breathe underwater?
He chose "lift 10x your weight" and "natural body armor."
On the day his mother gave he came out as an insect.

Toth

Post by Toth » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Mouse wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:36 pm
@cheque you can have pretty much as many items as you want, you just cant add in new graphics. So if you were to use the same crystal gfx with a different name it'd be entirely possible.

I believe the only limit is on ranged weapons. Shame one of the slots is wasted on an admin only item. Imo the gun should either be added in somehow or replaced with another ranged weapon, preferably an upgrade from Scav because scavs are actually shit tier.
I'd prefer if the gun were deleted entirely, gfx and all. Guns do not fit in a medieval fantasy world.

Sordie
Game Master
EO Characters: Sordie Wych

Post by Sordie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Toth wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm
I'd prefer if the gun were deleted entirely, gfx and all. Guns do not fit in a medieval fantasy world.
Who said EO was medieval? Have you ever been to the factory? EO's time and technology isn't based on the history/events of your universe.

EndlessOnline is missing massive amounts of lore so it's hard to explain things like the factory. I, myself, have two working theories about EO's lore but I'd love to see some people make topics about their own version of the backstory of this little world we like to get lost in. Maybe I'll flesh out my theories and make a topic. =P

Mouse
EO Characters: Pwqninetrex

Post by Mouse » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Well regardless of wether or not guns fit the EO theme I personally think an upgrade from Scav is needed. Scavs are pretty much a kontra with range lmao.
In the place before you're made they give you all these options;
Like have you got wings, do you have feelings, or can you breathe underwater?
He chose "lift 10x your weight" and "natural body armor."
On the day his mother gave he came out as an insect.

DontTouchEt
EO Characters: Marvin

Post by DontTouchEt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:03 am

Sordie wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 pm
Toth wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm
I, myself, have two working theories about EO's lore but I'd love to see some people make topics about their own version of the backstory of this little world we like to get lost in. Maybe I'll flesh out my theories and make a topic. =P
Please do, I'd be interested to read.
"There's no meaningful difference between a real and a virtual world.
It's pointless to ask anyone who they really are.
All you can do is accept and believe in them, because whoever they are in your mind, is their true identity."
-SAO

Toth

Post by Toth » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:09 am

Sordie wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 pm
Who said EO was medieval? Have you ever been to the factory? EO's time and technology isn't based on the history/events of your universe.

EndlessOnline is missing massive amounts of lore so it's hard to explain things like the factory. I, myself, have two working theories about EO's lore but I'd love to see some people make topics about their own version of the backstory of this little world we like to get lost in. Maybe I'll flesh out my theories and make a topic. =P
While you make a good point about the factory, it doesn't change my opinion on guns. I've played other Endless servers with multiple types of guns, and they were a big turn off for me personally. EO is a largely magical fantasy realm set in a medieval-esque era with a few unexplained outliers in fringe parts of the Endless map. I would be much happier seeing the gun removed and a higher tier bow added as an upgrade for the Scav.

Cheque
EO Characters: Cheque

Post by Cheque » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am

You mean new graphics :o? on clone :o?
Image Image Sadboys☹

Sausage
Game Master
EO Characters: Sausage

Post by Sausage » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 pm

Just posting to say that I love hearing suggestions and am not opposed to implementing anything that's a natural extension to EO. I was going to make a suggestions / ideas sub-forum even.

New graphics are a possibility in the case that I finish the err... "new client" as I guess I have to call it until I can think of a new name. Unfortunately people who are both good at and interested in making new wearable graphics are all gone, so unfortunately it's unlikely that capability will go to full use like the outfit additions servers like Endless Edge has. It would let me add small things that I need to implement stuff like the cooking quest though. :D

Nurd
EO Characters: Nurd
Omarino

Post by Nurd » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Sausage wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 pm
Unfortunately people who are both good at and interested in making new wearable graphics are all gone
Who said that?
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss-army knife" - Necrosis

Toth

Post by Toth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Sausage wrote:
Just posting to say that I love hearing suggestions and am not opposed to implementing anything that's a natural extension to EO. I was going to make a suggestions / ideas sub-forum even.
This is good to hear. I would love to have a suggestions board. Personally, I want to see the parts of the UI that indicate content but are lacking. Examples include passives skills, sk. points, elements, and karma.

Amanadiel
EO Characters: Amanadiel

Post by Amanadiel » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Toth wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:35 pm
Sausage wrote:
This is good to hear. I would love to have a suggestions board. Personally, I want to see the parts of the UI that indicate content but are lacking. Examples include passives skills, sk. points, elements, and karma.
I would like to see sk points, elements, and karma, actually be something useful.
To my knowledge passive skills isn't a thing that's possible unless there's a completely custom client designed.

Sordie
Game Master
EO Characters: Sordie Wych

Post by Sordie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Amanadiel wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:34 pm
I would like to see sk points, elements, and karma, actually be something useful.
To my knowledge passive skills isn't a thing that's possible unless there's a completely custom client designed.
Passive skills can be implemented purely by the server using the current client. However a new client or at least modification to the current client would be needed if you wished to use the currently unused passive skill user interface.

Amanadiel
EO Characters: Amanadiel

Post by Amanadiel » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Sordie wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:04 pm
Amanadiel wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:34 pm
Passive skills can be implemented purely by the server using the current client. However a new client or at least modification to the current client would be needed if you wished to use the currently unused passive skill user interface.
That's what I meant. Poor wording.

Pickupstixx
EO Characters: Stix

Post by Pickupstixx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Personally I think a proper website for this server is in order. The forums was a step in the right direction but we need more of a formal Website, hope to bring back some new-old players while doing so. The green EOserv control panel just doesn't cut it in my opinion.
What does everything else think about this?
Good idea? bad idea?

I've seen this server as low as 10 players! when I know the potential is so much higher.

Saint Nick
EO Characters: Dynamical
SaintNick
MrsClaus

Post by Saint Nick » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Yes ^