Should we get an MM topic?

Discussion about Endless Online.
Cheque
EO Characters: Cheque

Should we get an MM topic?

Post by Cheque » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:00 pm

So, I was on eo the last few days and noticed alot of people asking for MM's and no one could or some people are not that trusted yet. So maybe we should make a new thread for new mm's to get their turn and get a bit more trusted. Just asking for opinions on this.
Image Image Sadboys☹

Saber
EO Characters: Saber

Re: Should we get an MM topic?

Post by Saber » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:13 pm

no

Cheque

Post by Cheque » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:25 am

Why not?
Image Image Sadboys☹

Tyson
EO Characters: Tyson

Post by Tyson » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:06 am

Yes because I'm sick of people asking who's trusted on glb and also to help prevent people from getting scammed.

Actavis
Forum Moderator

Post by Actavis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:23 am

not a bad idea, we've had them before.

the only issue is that atm it's p unclear who's "trusted" since most of the older MMs are all all but inactive now. might take some more time before we can really make a list of unanimously agreed upon trusted middlemen.

EDIT: moving this topic to gen discussion.

Cheque

Post by Cheque » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:33 am

ye but we gotta have atleast a list of ppl that have gotten +1's. Maybe someone with some free time can gather around new mm's and confirm their screenshots then post how many +1's they have gotten in a topic? Preferably an MM that's already trusted.
Image Image Sadboys☹

Soook
EO Characters: Soook

Post by Soook » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 am

The thing is, there are only three out of four MM's that are capable of running an MM list. These people are Vince (who is inactive a lot), Mouse (not sure if he wants to run another MM list), and myself (which I'm not sure if I want to do it, or not). Herbert may be a trusted player, but he is still an apprentice, so we can't leave it in his hands.

To be honest, I don't trust any other player to run an MM list, since a lot of people use "trust" as a way to scam. Trust me, I've seen it happen, and also tried to be blamed for their scams.

Also, how many people would use the MM list? Seeing as the last two years it's been pretty inactive on TREOS and SCEO. If people were to post deals every so often, it does take a while to actually be listed. You can't expect to be on it after 20 deals.

If there is enough people gathered, and say they will use the MM list to either post their deals or even check who is actually trusted/ posting deals, then I may consider writing one up, or even see if Mouse would run it again.

Actavis
Forum Moderator

Post by Actavis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:00 am

yeah, the only way to do it would be if potential candidates would post their deals but I feel like that's counter-productive because it gives off the impression that these people are actively trying to gain fame, trust or whatever it may be rather than simply offering the community a service - and that just kind of makes me more suspicious, as you were saying Soook, that people might try to use that trust to pull off larger-scale scams in the future.

and the problem w +1s is that anyone can +1 someone without there being any real way to verify it without screenshots, which brings me back to my earlier point.

personally i think it's too early for an official list rn until people start having a better idea of who's considered trustworthy in the community.

Soook

Post by Soook » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:28 am

Exactly. Starting out MMing requires 100% commitment, which people get bored of doing. I never really thought of it as community service, though. When I first started out, and many years later, was because I loved to help people, free of charge. These days people try to get trusted just to gain "fame" and "fortune", which is probably why people back out a lot. Let me tell everyone now. Starting out MM's should not be aiming for "fortune" because there is really none, other than the occasional tips.

If you really want to start out as a new MM, then I'd suggest MMing deals for your friends when they are trading. Get them to +1 you on global and then other people will slowly start using you. If EO gets enough people getting +1's on global, would you let me know Actavis? I may consider posting an official MM list, but only if there's enough people wanted to get trusted to help people out.
Note: Transfers do not count as a +1, as people can just transfer via multi-client.

Mouse
EO Characters: Pwqninetrex

Post by Mouse » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 am

A lot of the people who have been trying to be a MM have been posting their deals and screenshots on Soook's forum, so if something like this were to happen I'd want to make sure that those deals are counted.

I wouldn't mind a basic "who's trusted/who's not" thread. I wouldn't mind running something as basic as that. Not really into going through everyones screenshots, and I doubt anyone else who's qualified would want to either.

Also on a completely unrelated note I think it's OK to consider Herbert an official MM. If a list were to be made he would have my vote.
In the place before you're made they give you all these options;
Like have you got wings, do you have feelings, or can you breathe underwater?
He chose "lift 10x your weight" and "natural body armor."
On the day his mother gave he came out as an insect.

Amanadiel
EO Characters: Amanadiel

Post by Amanadiel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Mouse wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 am
A lot of the people who have been trying to be a MM have been posting their deals and screenshots on Soook's forum, so if something like this were to happen I'd want to make sure that those deals are counted.

I wouldn't mind a basic "who's trusted/who's not" thread. I wouldn't mind running something as basic as that. Not really into going through everyones screenshots, and I doubt anyone else who's qualified would want to either.

Also on a completely unrelated note I think it's OK to consider Herbert an official MM. If a list were to be made he would have my vote.

Link to soook's forum please?

Soook

Post by Soook » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Mouse wrote:

I trust Herbert 100% but I wouldn't hand the rights to the MM list to him. If he was to post more deals in the past then it would be a different story.
Amanadiel wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:55 pm
Mouse wrote:

Link to soook's forum please?
What would you like to know?

Mouse
EO Characters: Pwqninetrex

Post by Mouse » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:22 pm

I should have clairified i meant id vote for him to be listed as an official MM instead of apprentice, not as the list holder.
In the place before you're made they give you all these options;
Like have you got wings, do you have feelings, or can you breathe underwater?
He chose "lift 10x your weight" and "natural body armor."
On the day his mother gave he came out as an insect.

Soook

Post by Soook » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Mouse wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:22 pm
I should have clairified i meant id vote for him to be listed as an official MM instead of apprentice, not as the list holder.
I'd vote yes if there was an MM list on this forum, but as of now it doesn't really matter if he's an apprentice or not. Either way he's trusted

Vince
EO Characters: Vince/Sonic/Quickzero

Post by Vince » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:34 am

Soook wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 am
The thing is, there are only three out of four MM's that are capable of running an MM list. These people are Vince (who is inactive a lot), Mouse (not sure if he wants to run another MM list), and myself (which I'm not sure if I want to do it, or not). Herbert may be a trusted player, but he is still an apprentice, so we can't leave it in his hands.

To be honest, I don't trust any other player to run an MM list, since a lot of people use "trust" as a way to scam. Trust me, I've seen it happen, and also tried to be blamed for their scams.

Also, how many people would use the MM list? Seeing as the last two years it's been pretty inactive on TREOS and SCEO. If people were to post deals every so often, it does take a while to actually be listed. You can't expect to be on it after 20 deals.

If there is enough people gathered, and say they will use the MM list to either post their deals or even check who is actually trusted/ posting deals, then I may consider writing one up, or even see if Mouse would run it again.

So I didn't know these forums existed... but ill consider recreating the list again despite my inactive status in game I still keep up with the community here and there and this forum looks highly reliable and having a list would help the community so I'll be more than willing to help once again. What do you guys think?
Guild: MM/QZ (Founder)
IGN's: Vince/Sonic