EO Main Clone

Account and technical support.
MatiasMunk

EO Main Clone

Post by MatiasMunk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 am

Hi I just recently started playing EO again, the main clone of course.
But I have some issues with continuous DC's, I tried the client from cache.tehsausage and the one from eobroadcast.
Any help is massively appreciated, as I can't live with 10-20 dc's every hour.

Kingofdemonz
EO Characters: Kingofdemonz, Kodz

Re: EO Main Clone

Post by Kingofdemonz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 am

Your problem seems to be very unique because I've dealt with all kinds of people having problems with getting EO to work, and I don't think I've ever encountered something like yours. I have a few ideas, but cannot guarantee any of them will work.

I believe that your problem is an internet issue, not a client issue. Try switching your internet connection. If it's working on another connection you can conclude that your main internet connection has some kind of problem with connecting to the server. If you don't have any other connection to switch to, you could use your mobile data on your phone and turn it into a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, I know you can do it on Android phones but I'm not sure about Apple. You should be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network on your laptop or your desktop if you have a WiFi adapter. Don't worry about using up too much data because EO is designed to run on dial-up connections, you could play for hours before you use up 1MB.

If you insist that your problem is a client issue, try other clients like Sordie's client + addons which you can find and set up following my guide here OR you could try using the EOPS client made by Weedfanatic from here. If this works then you were right about it being a client problem.

If those don't work either, then maybe it's some kind of problem with your OS. Try playing EO on a VM running Windows 7, EO usually has no problems running on Windows 7, if that works then you can conclude that your problem was an OS issue.

I wish I could be of more help, but this is all the advice I can provide for now. Please let us know if you manage to solve your problem and if so, how you did it. It will help others in the future. Have fun playing EO ^_^
ImageImage
I am the co-leader of GTN. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about EO that you can check out here.